Monday, April 18, 2011

Posttraumatic Stress Disorder

            The expert interviews I chose to pursue on Posttraumatic Stress Disorder entails a phone interview and a personal interview. For my phone interview, I chose to call a particular place that I knew would be a good contestant for this topic, the VA. For my second interview, I chose to conduct a personal interview with an individual who graduated with a Major in Psychology.
            The first interview I did was over the phone with a VA representative by the name of Sherri Robetelli. After a very in-depth conversation with Sherri, my outlook over this disorder changed. “PTSD is a huge factor to military personnel and will continue as long as the war is taking place” (Robetelli). Robetelli states that “most individuals who are diagnosed with PTSD do not recover until many years down the road”. She also quotes that “some individuals are able to successfully recuperate while others may live with this forever” (Robetelli).
            After my personal interview with Krista Rosso, a college graduate from UNT with a major in Psychology, she states many of the same facts and opinions about this topic. “Any type of psychological disorder can be hard on any person. After my studies and interactions with certain people who have encountered a traumatic experience, my understanding about the emotional stress that these individuals go through is far more than what I expected” (Rosso). Rosso states that this disorder should never be over-looked and should be treated in the early stages if possible.


Robetelli, Sherri. Telephone interview. 19 April 2011.

Rosso, Krista. Personal interview. 20 April 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment